Path of Shadows has received an update to fix errors within the text. One of the advantages of Path of Shadows being an electronic product is it is easy for us to update it and allow customers to receive the updated version without extra costs. As such, there's little reason to wait an extensive time to do a "second printing" of the document when we can fix the material immediately. The updated version has been uploaded to our store here, and will be reflected on other stores such as d20pfsrd and DriveThruRPG as soon as possible.
Important changes are noted below:
- Bookmark menu error has been fixed.
- Formatting errors and typos are being corrected as they are discovered.
Chapter 1 – The Nightblade
- Added starting age category (Self-Taught).
- Slight error in formatting and order of weapon and armor proficiencies has been fixed.
- Spell List – Incorrectly named “Shadow smite” spell removed from spell list (as it was renamed), correctly named “Shadow Wound” added in its place as a 3rd level spell.
- Range of Exposing Void nightblade art from Path of the Ravaging void reduced to 50 feet to keep it consistent with the range of other abilities of the path.
- Erroneously included nightblade art “Unrelenting Darkness” from the Path of the Ravaging Void has been removed.
- Wording on a few nightblade arts changed to improve layout and clarity.
- Entrancing Shadows technique from Path of the Twilight Veil now correctly references greater wall of darkness in both instances.
Chapter 2 – Archetypes and Options
- Scourge of shadows’ shadow surge ability now allows rolling twice on Stealth checks instead of rerolling them, to keep consistent with the shadow surge nightblade class feature.
Chapter 3 – Feats
- Concealing Trick – now properly lists Slayer Camouflage as one of its optional prerequisites
- Shadow Gift – Now allows rolling twice on Stealth checks instead of rerolling them, to keep consistent with the shadow surge nightblade class feature.
Chapter 4 – Spells
- List of spells in “Interaction with Shadow Spells” section now in correct alphabetic order
- Shadow Wound table renamed to match spell description.
- Precision damage and critical hit damage no longer work through a shadow wound spell.
Chapter 5 – Magic Items
- Umbral weapon property now allows rolling twice on Stealth checks instead of rerolling them, to keep consistent with the shadow surge nightblade class feature.
- Phantom Pain now can have its ability suppressed with a command word.
- Fixed a typo in Tormentor’s Shackle description that allowed its ability to stack with a locked gauntlet.